As the first point of contact for patients within our busy practice we are seeking an enthusiastic, well organised individual to join our efficient reception team. Previous Optical experience is not essential (as full training will be given), but it would be preferred.
Permanent part time circa 3 days per week in addition to 2-3 Saturdays per month
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication and email
- Booking, amending, rescheduling and cancelling patient appointments
- Advising patients of NHS and chargeable services and processing payments
- Providing patients with information about the Practice Services
- Product ordering and stock control
- General housekeeping
- Managing patient records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and hard copy and filing in correct order.
- Maintaining and updating the practice patient database.
Suitable candidates could progress to assisting Patients with spectacle frame selection and spectacles repairs.